- Me: Think you'll ever get over this fear of commitment thing?
- Sissy: If John* showed up at that door right now and said "run away with me" I would say "Hold on...let me get my shoes."
- Me: HAHAHAHA
We are having a pre-Thanksgiving dinner with some friends today and I’m in charge of the stuffing! I’ve never made it before so I asked my mom for a recipe and she dug up the one my grandma always used to use:
24 slices broken bread
1 cup minced onion
1 1/2 cups butter (lots!)
1 egg beaten a little
1 cup water but add gradually as needed (this is where she started using the broth instead)
1 1/2 teaspoons Bell seasoning or Sage
A little salt and pepper
Melt butter and add the minced onion and cook over low heat until yellowed.
Mix into the broken bread very well so that butter and onion are well dispersed in the bread. Add the seasonings mixing well. Gradually add the water or broth to hold the mixture together. Refrigerate and stuff bird when cool.
You will have a stuffing that any Grandma would be proud of!
It took four years in Nashville and a year in Dallas, but I am officially a HUGE country music fan. Seriously don’t think I could live without it any more. Jerrod Niemann will be singing me to sleep tonight.
Rings of fire burnin with you
I want to walk the line
Till the end of time” —Heidi Newfield
I have NEVER made it up on Sunday for 9AM yoga, but when you go to bed at 8PM it’s not too hard. I slept from 8p-6:30a plus the extra hour since we set the clocks back and it felt great. I’m pretty sure that going to yoga might be the exact opposite of the redneck day I had yesterday at the race track.
- Me: Ohhh what are these free samples?
- Male salon employee: Those are men's shampoos.
- Me: Guess I won't be needing any of those.
- Male salon employee: Well I thought you might have a special man at home to bring them to.
- Me: No...no.
- Male salon employee: Don't worry honey. Me neither.
I had a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup for dinner, and I somehow ended up with a chipped tooth. HUH?!?!
Thank you so much! I had so much fun painting it and it really is a beautiful reminder to me everyday.